A collage of our skates

A collage of our skates
Can you tell who is whom?

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Vet Profile: Emily KickNsuM

Name: Emily KickNsuM 

Number: 31 

Position: Jammer/ Blocker 

Signature move: Backwards blocking/ penalty box sitting 

Tell us about your non-derby self: I’m a surgical nurse, wife, mom to a weimaraner named Jack, Zumba fanatic, fisherwoman, bargain hunter, cancer survivor, and a bad cook. 

Why did you join roller derby?: I will do anything as long as I can wear my roller skates.


What is your favorite part of roller derby?: Feeling that I belong 

What are your roller derby goals?: To have fun while doing good things for my community. I would really like to see us become a recognized not-for-profit organization in this community. 

What do you hope Dire Skates can do for Richmond?: I would like for the Dire Skates to be a fun, entertaining group that people can be fans of, knowing that we do more than just skate, and knowing we work to help others and organizations in the community. Most importantly, I want the Dire Skates to make a difference in Richmond. 

What are you skating on right now?: Vertigos with custom-mounted pink crazy plate thanks to Malice B Stopless.

 If you could skate anywhere, anytime, where and when would it be and why?: Wouldn’t matter as long as I had good friends, good music, and skates, I’d be a happy girl. 

If you could have any famous person alive or dead join Dire Skates, who would it be and why?: I don’t know….. Shaq, he could take up a lot of room on the track and I just see him knocking some girls down and them not getting back up. 

Tell us one thing you want us to know about yourself: Growing up I really wanted to be a mailman. 

Tell us one thing about another skater: Korah the Destroy actually thought about having her derby name be Korah KickNsuM, which I think is really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment